Sunday, April 18, 2010

Deep

This is THE strongest piece in my portfolio right now, the one I'm most proud of, and it is flippin' tight! Ah! I love the deep, so I was super excited to learn I could deviate from the mainstream of my classmates' subjects; we could chose between making our brochure on the British Natural History Museum or the Victoria and Albert Museum (art), and I took it a step farther and did it specifically on an upcoming exhibit of the NHM: The Deep. I like to stare at my cover.
Inner spread. Much more simplified than my originals. So sweet.

The back-cover. Very nice. My teacher only had a few details of corrections for me in critique just before the BFA review, which was so nice. My cover was also the only one he said really "seduced" him--the ultimate objective that he stressed throughout this project--so that made me super happy. Sigh.

No comments: