Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Logos (200th Post)

Started submitting to logo contests again, hope I can make a few bucks off 'em. These are probably the best logos I've submitted in my entire career.

This one's my favorite. I'll come back later and copy the awesome descriptions I made about the two--they're full of intrigue and excitement. Actually I think I might be able to sweet talk my logos into better positions, because if I comment on each of my designs, it'll make me sound more professional and the client will see the logo the way I want them to. Plus hardly any of those guys on the contest site put the effort to do such a thing, so it might be the way I can stand out. A couple weeks ago I got back on to find a particularly horrifying contest was up. It was a 25th anniversary logo for a t-shirt in which the client wanted to feature the Capitol Building, some fancy bridge and the Italian flag and had essentially 3 lines of text. (you should already smell the trouble of an exhausting, ugly montage of crappy images). It was a Saturday. I saw the ueber-crappy designs that were posted and there were only 4 hours remaining...So I decided I'd show them all by throwing something together in an hour, slapping on all the kuh-schwein they wanted, and I was gonna prove I could do better than all those people. I ranked third. Embarassingly enough, that's been my highest ranking so far. I'm pretty sure if I had changed the colors a bit, I would've actually won the thing. Still, I'd definitely say I proved my point.

No comments: